Champions Cup | Qualification
Heineken Champions Cup
Nineteen clubs will qualify automatically for the 2019/20 Heineken Champions Cup in the following ways :.
- Guinness PRO14 (7): The three highest ranked clubs from each conference. The fourth-ranked clubs from each conference will play off for the seventh place. (NB South African clubs are not eligible.)
- TOP 14 (6): The six highest-ranked clubs based on their final finishing positions.
- Gallagher Premiership Rugby (6): The six highest-ranked clubs based on their final finishing positions.
In accordance with a decision of the EPCR Board comprising the nine unions, federations and league bodies, the 20th place in the Heineken Champions Cup will be determined as follows:
i) Heineken Champions Cup winner, if not already qualified
ii) Challenge Cup winner, if not already qualified
iii) Challenge Cup losing finalist, if not already qualified
iv) Play-off match between the losing Challenge Cup semi-finalists, if not already qualified
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Heineken Champions Cup winner
Clubs will qualify for the 2019/20 Challenge Cup in the following ways:
- The remaining 18 clubs from the PRO14, Premiership and the TOP 14 which have not qualified for the Heineken Champions Cup. (NB South African clubs are not eligible.)
- One club from the Continental Shield which features representatives from emerging countries and the Italian Eccellenza, and the winner of a play-off between Enisei-STM and Timisoara Saracens.